THERE WILL BE NO GOVERNING BODY MEETINGS
IN THE TOWN OF EAGLE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH OF MARCH 2020
Our foremost priority is to protect the health and safety of the Town of Eagle’s residents and employees from coronavirus.
With the rapid changes caused by COVID-19, the Town of Eagle has triggered some actions in response to the virus. After consultation, we have made a decision to cancel all remaining public meeting scheduled for the month of March.
The more people that come through the doors of Town Hall, increases the risk to those individuals as well as the possibility of compromising our staff. We are actively working to make sure that we limit exposure to our employees who need to be available for essential services. We are available for absentee voting and the Election. To request an absentee ballot, go to myvote.wi.gov and one will be mailed to you. Voters may also request a mailed ballot in writing to the Town Clerk but be sure to attach a copy of your photo ID with your request. Voters can also vote in-person via absentee ballot at the Eagle Town Hall, Monday – Thursdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Fridays 9:00 a.m. to noon until April 3rd, 2020. On Friday, April 3rd, the Town Office will remain open until 5:00 p.m. for in-person absentee voting only.
CDC Guidance recommends:
- Organizers of public gatherings of 50 or more people are encouraged to cancel these events, to reduceopportunities for person-to-person virus transmission.
- People at higher risk are encouraged to stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible.Higher-risk individuals include:
- People 60 and older.
- People with underlying health conditions including heart disease lung disease or diabetes.
- People with weakened immune systems.
- Social distancing is encouraged. This means attempting to remain six feet away from other people and avoiding handshaking and other unnecessary contact.
- Nonessential travel for all individuals is discouraged. Those planning trips should weigh the benefits of going versus not going.
- People are encouraged to work remotely if possible.
- Check the Town of Eagle’s website of updates: https://townofeaglewi.usThis is a rapidly changing situation and we appreciate your support and understanding at this time. Sincerely,
Don J Malek
Eagle Town Chairman