Alice Baker Library Circulation Clerks
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We are hiring 4 Circulation Clerks. For details please see https://www.alicebaker.lib.wi.us/?page_id=4965
Kettle Moraine Fire District Secretary
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We are hiring 1 Administrative Assistant. For details please see
Now Seeking Donations
Welcome new followers! We have set up this new organization in order to help restore and preserve Eagle, WI cemeteries. Our first main project is restoring “Oak Grove Cemetery” located on Hwy 67.
We are currently fundraising for a new sign and to help get the grounds cleaned up and restored. More updates to come soon!
If you’d like to donate, we have a few easy options:
Cash/Checks: Send to:
Eagle Cemetery Preservation Association
P.O Box 113
Eagle, WI 53119
***Make checks payable to: Eagle Cemetery Preservation Association
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Class on June 12 – cancelled due to no attendance, and Class on Aug 14 – MOVED to September 4th.
Below is some information provided by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue to assist taxpayers due to financial hardships.
Three credits are applied directly to a property tax bill with the amounts printed separately on the bill.
- Lottery and Gaming Credit – if you are a Wisconsin resident, own your property and it is your primary residence, a property owner may qualify for this credit
- First Dollar Credit – if there is a real property improvement on the land, the property qualifies for this credit
- School Levy Tax Credit – all taxable real property in Wisconsin qualifies for this credit
There are also credits an individual may claim on their Wisconsin income tax return. The income tax return instructions are the best source to determine qualification for these credits.
- Homestead Credit – this credit has requirements that can be found in the income tax instructions or in the common questions on our website at Claiming Homestead Credit
- Veterans and Surviving Spouses Property Tax Credit – a credit equal to the amount of property taxes paid during the year on an eligible veteran’s or surviving spouse’s principal dwelling. The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) provides a certificate of eligibility. Information, instructions and request forms can be found on the DVA website.
- Renter’s and Homeowner’s School Property Tax Credit – this credit is not available if an individual claims the veterans and surviving spouses property tax credit
There is one program intended for the elderly in particular
- The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) provides property tax deferral loans for the elderly
- For more information, contact WHEDA at (800)755-7835
In the case of an individual that is suffering a financial hardship due to the pandemic, encourage them to reach out to their legislators to make them aware of their situation. This is helpful for legislators when they reconvene in 2021, and possibly pursue new COVID relief legislation.
Tax credits/assistance information is included on the property tax bill backer
Click Here to Search for your 2020 Tax Bill. Original tax bills have been mailed and should be arriving soon.
We encourage residents to mail payments (PO Box 327, Eagle, WI 53119) or place them in our NEW outside Drop Box (820 E. Main St., Eagle). Please pay by check or money order. If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-address, stamped envelope. Thank you!
Office hours may vary due to the ongoing pandemic. If you opt to come in person and pay cash, please bring the exact amount of your tax bill.
A separate check is required for Dog Licenses.