THERE WILL BE NO GOVERNING BODY MEETINGS
IN THE TOWN OF EAGLE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE MONTH OF MARCH 2020
Our foremost priority is to protect the health and safety of the Town of Eagle’s residents and employees from coronavirus.
With the rapid changes caused by COVID-19, the Town of Eagle has triggered some actions in response to the virus. After consultation, we have made a decision to cancel all remaining public meeting scheduled for the month of March.
The more people that come through the doors of Town Hall, increases the risk to those individuals as well as the possibility of compromising our staff. We are actively working to make sure that we limit exposure to our employees who need to be available for essential services. We are available for absentee voting and the Election. To request an absentee ballot, go to myvote.wi.gov and one will be mailed to you. Voters may also request a mailed ballot in writing to the Town Clerk but be sure to attach a copy of your photo ID with your request. Voters can also vote in-person via absentee ballot at the Eagle Town Hall, Monday – Thursdays 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Fridays 9:00 a.m. to noon until April 3rd, 2020. On Friday, April 3rd, the Town Office will remain open until 5:00 p.m. for in-person absentee voting only.
CDC Guidance recommends:
- Organizers of public gatherings of 50 or more people are encouraged to cancel these events, to reduceopportunities for person-to-person virus transmission.
- People at higher risk are encouraged to stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible.Higher-risk individuals include:
- People 60 and older.
- People with underlying health conditions including heart disease lung disease or diabetes.
- People with weakened immune systems.
- Social distancing is encouraged. This means attempting to remain six feet away from other people and avoiding handshaking and other unnecessary contact.
- Nonessential travel for all individuals is discouraged. Those planning trips should weigh the benefits of going versus not going.
- People are encouraged to work remotely if possible.
- Check the Town of Eagle’s website of updates: https://townofeaglewi.usThis is a rapidly changing situation and we appreciate your support and understanding at this time. Sincerely,
Don J Malek
Eagle Town Chairman
Yard-Waste Collection Event at the Eagle Town Park on Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 8am to 11am.
Yard waste must be placed in compostable paper or clear plastic bags. Brush must be cut in no longer than four (4) foot sections and be bundled no more than fifty (50) pounds.
Road weight restrictions have been lifted effective today, Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Check back to find out when they will be lifted.
Waukesha County Park and Planning Commission Public Hearing will be held on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. to consider amendments relative to the keeping of animals with a specific section on the keeping of chickens on residential properties, standardizing other animal keeping regulations in the A-1 District, other minor misc. animal amendments, and to modernize various other misc. code provisions.
Click Here to view information on purchasing a tow hook that attaches to your truck’s hitch. The single hitch model is on display at Town Hall. Double hook also available.
Effective December 2019, any property owner that is found to be building without a permit will be charged four times the rate of a building permit for said work (Ordinance No. 19-03).
Registration Deadline for Spring Soccer 2020:
Peewees (age 4&5): March 1st. CYRL League (ages 6 and up): January 20th. Coaches always wanted for Soccer, please list your name on your Child’s registration form.
For the Eagle Recreation Winter-Spring Guide, Click here
Beginning January 1st, 2020, the Town of Eagle will be contracting with a new garbage and recycling service provider. Everyone should have received a mailer regarding the new automated service including information about the new route and pick-up day, one-day a month three (3) item bulk pick-up, and information regarding what they will and will not accept at the curb. If you did not receive the mailer, please contact Badgerland who will be happy to get one sent out to you. We understand that some are frustrated with the thought of automated service however no matter which service provider the Town contracted with; each of them were going to automated service. Manual service was no longer being offered. The Town Board’s decision was based on cost, as well as other services they offered. If you have further questions regarding the new service, please contact Badgerland at 608-580-0580 or email [email protected].